Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Day 18: Pavia (date of visit: 6/21/2011)

I spent more time traveling today than I did actually in Pavia, but it was still a nice day. The weather has become wonderful and sunny so any day I get to spend outside I consider a success. I got up insanely early so I could catch buses and trains to get to Pavia around 9AM.

I would describe Pavia as under construction, or rather restoration. Most of Italy has some form of restoration going on, but all I saw in Pavia was scaffolding. I couldn’t even go in the big cathedral there because it was all covered in scaffolding. Mostly I just wandered amongst the different shops. Each city is like a tiny mall with tons and tons of shops along the streets. And all of the shops have awesome stuff in them, I’m just too broke to be able to buy anything.

I took some random pictures of all over Pavia, but for the most part I just wandered around. This is the church that’s under construction.

I found a bench in an open square to eat my lunch and enjoy the day. After lunch I continued to wander around until my train. It took me almost three hours to get back to Manerbio! I had to wait for a while at Milano and was hoping to run into Christine but she had caught an earlier train.

By the time I made it back we were both hungry for dinner. We had all’amatricia which is basically just tomato sauce with pancetta, onions, and peppers. It was quite tasty. It turned out to be a pretty quiet night. Despite Christine’s yelling at me, I did get started on some of my homework for school. There’s so much of it, it’s probably going to take me all summer to conquer. Tomorrow, Christine and I are going back to Parma to get that meal we missed out on yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment