Friday, June 17, 2011

Day 14: Lazy Day in Manerbio

I took a day off from traveling today to just laze around in Manerbio. I got up around 8AM when Christine went off to work and started my laundry. I read some, surfed the internet about and caught up on House. I really enjoyed just hanging around the house for the day. Wandering around for two weeks straight is amazingly fun, but exhausting. Today was a great recuperation day.

Christine got back from her first lesson around 11:15 and we went to the grocery store to get some things for lunch and dinner. We had a yummy lunch of plain old pasta with tomato sauce with a peach and a cookie for dessert. At the store, Christine also got these little cookies that are kind of like uh-oreos except the cream in the middle is hazelnut. Italians do love their hazelnut. The cookies were quite tasty as well.

After Christine left for another lesson, I put my laundry out to dry and cleaned up our mess from lunch. I pretty much did nothing for the rest of the day except read and relax. It was wonderful. I don’t remember the last time I literally did nothing all day. I have to say I felt a little bit guilty. Not because I wasn’t doing any work, but I felt like I was wasting a day. Sometimes you just have to sit back and relax though. I feel like I’m ready for another two straight weeks of travel again!

When she returned we watched Supersize Me which completely disgusted me. I now want to eat nothing but fruits and vegetables. In response to that, we had salad with focaccia bread and cheese for dinner. We had gotten a little cheese sampler at the store with four different types. They weren’t labeled so we have no idea what they were, but all four of them were so good. It was a nice and simple, but delicious, dinner. 



We both just lazed around some more for the rest of the night. Tomorrow, I’m back to traveling all over. I’m going to Sirmione on Lake Garda. I’ll have more exciting things to post about then!

No comments:

Post a Comment