Monday, June 20, 2011

Day 16: Salo (date of visit: 6/19/2011)

Today was another prettyful day at Lake Garda. This time Christine came with me and we went to Salo. We started our morning early-ish so we could get a pastry at the café before the church rush started but we ended up being a little too late. We sat and sat and sat, but the girl behind the counter ignored us even after Christine went up there and asked for our order. So we got up and left. I ended up getting another cream horn from the bakery in the train station (soooooo good)!

On our train into Brescia there were these two young kids that were overtly making out in the seat next to us. It was very strange. Anyway, we made it Lake Garda and took a bus to Salo, another little town on the lake. At the bus stop they had the coolest little tour train that I thought was completely adorable.

We walked into the town itself and the view is gorgeous, just like Sirmione.

We were really hungry by the time we go there so we went in search of lunch. We stopped at a little restaurant and had yummy sandwiches; although, don’t get anything with mayonnaise on it because they put globs and globs on there. While we were eating, a guy rode by on his bike and completely wiped out. I’m still not sure how he did it, but one second he was upright and the next he was on the ground. He seemed alright though.

We walked around the lake for a bit and window shopped. There was a little bakery that had the cutest little marzipan animals. I was really tempted to buy one because I love marzipan, but they were so cute I wouldn’t have been able to eat it too!

After all of our wandering we sat down on a bench and just watched the boats on the lake relaxing and enjoying the view.

We also saw another person wipe out on a bike, but this time it was a little boy who was extremely amused by his falling over. He even had training wheels and still managed to hit the ground. He had a huge smile on his face though, so he seemed to appreciate the humor of the situation as much as we did.

After our brief rest we headed back to the bus stop to get back to Brescia. We just barely missed our train so we went to get some gelato to kill some time. We also went into a grocery store to get some water and they had the coolest digital price tags. I was completely fascinated by them. 

As we continued to kill time in Brescia we came across a cake shop that had the cutest little cakes. I especially loved the teapot cake. It was so pretty!

We finally made it home and had a really late dinner of pumpkin filled ravioli; something I’ve been dying to try since I found out they existed. They were yummy! I checked my email only to find an assignment from one of my professors next year. I was so upset, but when I started looking into it Christine yelled at me and told me I wasn’t allowed to do homework on my Italian vacation. So I guess I’ll just save it for later. Tomorrow, we’re going to Parma!

No comments:

Post a Comment