Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day 31/32: Rome (dates: 7/4-5/2011)

The past couple of days have been pretty uneventful. I’m starting to feel much more like I live in Rome than that I’m a tourist. I’ve seen the main sights at least one and so now I just kind of wander around and find a place to sit and read. I literally did nothing on Monday. It wasn’t even worth writing a whole post so I’m just including it with Tuesday.

Today was a little bit more exciting. I saw some more ruins and a lot more fountains.

I walked up one of the main streets in the direction of the Piazza Popolo. I stopped in another magnificent church on the way. I don’t remember the name but it was very pretty. 

The piazza was also very cool. There are lots of statues and fountains and a giant obelisk in the middle. Rome really likes their obelisks. 

I stopped here for a while just enjoying the day and the people around. After the piazza I headed to the Spanish Steps and climbed up them to see the Villa Medici. Another massive house. I really can’t imagine living in a place like that. I think I might get lost. As I walking down I got some more good pictures of the steps themselves and another obelisk. 

By this point I was close to starving because I still hadn’t eaten lunch so I on my home I stopped and grabbed some pizza. I relaxed a bit and hung out until the boys got back from their wine tasting tour. When they got back we met up with some other people from the program for dinner and I was pleasantly surprised to see one of my friends, Dan Hildebrand. He worked on S&W with me and I had no idea he was also in Rome.

It was great to see him again and we all had a very nice dinner. After dinner we climbed a hill that has a fantastic view of Rome. I tried to get a nice view of the city, but my little camera wasn’t up to the task. It was really great though. We sat up there for a couple hours talking about nothing in particular and enjoying the night. It was probably the best night I’ve had so far and I’m meeting up with them again for dinner tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment