Sunday, July 3, 2011

Day 29: Roma (date: 7/2/2011)

Today was kind of a lazy day in Rome. I got up around 8:30 and read until the rest of the house woke up. We just kind of hung around and did nothing for most of the afternoon. Christine got to Rome earlier this morning and we had planned to meet up. I left the boys to do their homework and met her at the Trevi Fountain to get some gelato. Ginger and cinnamon is the most exotic flavor I’ve tried thus far, also very tasty! I got some better pictures of the fountain too because there were less people around today.

We spent the rest of the afternoon wandering around and stopping at various bookstores we came across. Rome has international bookstores that have a wider variety of languages in their books. Christine had to get back to her place so she could get ready for a party with her friend so we parted ways until tomorrow.

When I got back to Tommy’s, we just lazed around some more. At 7PM (our time) we had a skype party with Josh (and the rest of the Kesslers), Mark, Peter, Jess, and Tom. Today is the annual 4th of July party. It’s my first year not going and I’m sad to be missing it, but skyping with everyone was great. After we hung up with them I skyped with Anne for a bit too, which was also quite wonderful.

I can’t believe I’ve already been here for four weeks and that I’ve only got two left! I’ve been having a fantastic time, but I am starting to get ready to be back home. I can’t wait to see everyone!

Today was lazy but the down time is great. I was beginning to think that I was going to need a vacation from my vacation. It’s exhausting traveling around all the time. The rest is wonderful and the extra days in Rome allow me to take my time seeing the sites. I can slow down a bit and see everything at my own pace instead of cramming it into one day. Tomorrow, we’re going to Vatican City to see St. Peter’s!

No comments:

Post a Comment